Sep 28, 2010

Thai Red Chicken Curry



Thai Red Chicken Curry ( Hot & Spicy )

Serves: 3

You will need

2 teaspoon cooking oil
25 g Thai red curry paste
200 ml thick coconut milk
300 g chicken pieces
1 tablespoon Fish Sauce
1 tablespoon fresh basil leaves ( optional )

Method

Heat the oil in a large skillet on medium-high heat.

Add the curry paste and stir until bubbling.

Add the chicken pieces and saute on a medium heat for 5 minutes.
.
Add thick coconut milk and mix it well. Cover with a lid and cook on a low heat for 15 minutes or till 3/4 th done.

Add fish sauce and cook again for 10 minutes or till done.

Garnish with basil or coriander leaves.

Serve with rice or noodles.

Thai red curry paste available @ Nuts N’ Spices, Anna Nagar, Chennai & Thai fish sauce available @ Yes Yes Super Market, Anna Nagar, Chennai.

2 comments:

Daniel Bingham said...

Thai red curry paste is also available at your local open air market down the road if you just happen to live in Thailand. Which I do :D

Your picture looks amazing by the way! Almost exactly like a red curry I had at a roti stand here the other day. Although I thought roti were more Malaysian?

At least, this place was supposed to be Thai-Malaysian food. Maybe the curry was a Thai curry with roti. I wouldn't really know what a real red curry looks like (despite being here a solid 4 months at this point). We usually get green curry, if we're going to get a curry, because I don't do spicy so well.

Yeah, yeah, I know. I'm in Thailand, I'm going to have to get over it. I'm working on it ;)

Priya Suresh said...

Droolworthy curry, makes me hungry..