Nov 11, 2010

Onion Raita



Onion Raita

Preparation time: 10 minutes
Serves: 2
172.5 calories for each serving

You will need

1 1/4 cup dahi / curd
1 onion, finely chopped
1 green chilli, finely chopped
1/4 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon cooking oil
1 spring curry leaves
1/4 teaspoon mustard seeds

Method

Whisk the dahi / curd until smooth. To this add the chopped onion, green chilli and salt.

In a pan, heat oil and add mustard seeds and curry leaves. stir until splutter. Take care not to burn mustard seeds.

Immediately pour this mixture over the dahi and mix well.

Cover with cling film and refrigerate until required. Serve chilled.

5 comments:

Prema said...

hi,

This raita is my fav...Luks delicious...

Priya Suresh said...

My all time favourite raita..

Sarah Jones said...

Hi !
I like your blog writing and passion for food! I work for a Swedish social media company which has clients in India as well. I am looking for a blog writer. Our members attend food and wine tasting events for free and blog about them and their blogs are linked to our european and Indian websites. If you would like to know more or be a membrer and attend our events in India, please reply to me at sarah@spotandtell.se
Spot and Tell: http://in.spotandtell.com

Look forward for your reply,
Sarah Jones

Hari Chandana P said...

looks nice :)

Niv said...

one of my all time favorites :)